A 4 day training in experiential Listening and Children Focusing. We call our approach “Dynamic Focusing”
Designed for anyone working in a professional capacity with children or young people, for parents, grandparents ~ and just for yourself too !
Dynamic Focusing” (for adults and children). Several topics are essential and has been covered: “Listening in three directions; unconditional authentic empathy, The Emerging Body language; safety and boundaries, Contact/ Contract; Self care; working with symbolisations/ expression and (pre-verbal) inner child work.
Learning outcomes of training in Focusing with Children and Young People.
- To build resilience and competence in self care and empathy ~ through developing an understanding of personal somatic/bodily felt life and inner child experience,from both an experiential and theoretical point of view.
- To learn and develop the practical skills, approaches and techniques required to build that same resilience and competence within the children and young people that you are working with or . . . being with.
- To learn and discover how to support children and young people to use their natural capacity for imaginative play, drawing, storytelling and other forms of symbolisation ~ to better manage their emotional experience, while also developing your own creativity and playfulness.
- In particular ~ to learn how to do all of the above for yourself as an adult, in a safe space,with clear boundaries that respect the privacy and vulnerability inherent in much of childhood and adolescent experience. And to learn and experience integrating a Focusing dimension into existing practices and activities you already use with children and young people, or in your work and training with adults.
Training Providers: René Veugelers & Harriet Teeuw are certified Children Focusing Trainers and Art Therapists. Both have many years teaching experience and practice, working and being with children of all ages. They experience the ‘ seriously playful energy ’ in themselves and in their work with childrenHarriët Teeuw TIFI registered coordinators for Focusing and Children Focusing.
Dates and time: We’ll start with light meal 6 pm 23th April on Monday evening, and finish after lunch 1 pm on Friday 27th. Morning sessions will be from 9.15 am to 12.15 pm each day and afternoon sessions from 3.15 pm to 6.15 pm. In the evenings there will be some entertainment and other free possibilities. To register, or if you have any questions on the program firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Nijeholtpade is a small, quiet village, tucked away in the rural province of Friesland, 15 km above Heereveen in the spacious countryside of northern Holland. The venue is “De Bron” a retreat and conference centre: see: www.centrumdebron.nl There are plenty of opportunities in the local area for canoeing, walking, biking and sight seeing.
Fees: Early bird till the 1 december € 395,- plus room and board; 1 December till 15th Februari € 455, – plus room and board After Februari 15th €515, – plus room and board
There will be a € 125 administration charge for cancellation. After 15th March all fees are nonrefundable ~ except in the case of an unavoidable emergency.
- Room and Board: (De Bron offers full board, so all vegetarian meals are included in the price).Dorms 4 nights: €260
- Double rooms, with ensuite shower & wc.4 nights: €320
- Single rooms with ensuite (and limited in number) 4 nights €380 If you have any questions about room and board . . . please contact Harriët: email@example.com
Travelling: From Amsterdam ~ Schiphol airport is a two hour train journey to the nearest town of Wolwega, which is a 10 min car ride from the venue. You can arrive at the venue after 2pm on Monday 23rd. There will be a shuttle service provided from the train station to the venue ~ from 2 pm to 6 pm. If you have any questions about traveling: please contact Harriët: firstname.lastname@example.org
Language: All training sessions are offered in English. As this is not our mother tongue we will take an easy going approach and choose our words carefully!
Scholarschips: We offer the possibility of two reduced price scholarship places on the course.Please contact René and fill in the application form if you wish to apply for either of these.
Accreditatie Vaktherapeuten SRVB: 24 punten
Hopefully we will see, meet and greet each other in Nijeholtpade,
if you have any other question call René 0031(0)636089557 or email email@example.com